Wednesday 18 September 2013

On this day last year...


...I was sitting on a National Express coach looking at the fields and preparing for my new life in Wales. I didn’t have a job or much money but that didn’t faze me, I knew there was a reason why I was making this journey and knew that God would provide. I didn’t experience any nervousness or fear of the unknown; I was just treading  the road bravely.  People always ask me, “how did you do it, how did you just move to Wales on your own?” Honestly, it was God. When God makes a personal call to our hearts about something and impresses us to move forward, though we don’t fully understand what is going on or what is going to happen, God calms our fears and uncertainties and gives us strength to press on with confidence.  I know it is not actually the same but my move to Wales reminded me of Hebrews 11: 8 “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went

A year on, I am happy to say that I love it here! I have managed to integrate into the Welsh way of life and truly feel at home. I have learnt some wonderful and powerful lessons this year (some have been shared already, but there’s more to come!) and have grown so much as a person. Many practical and spiritual lessons have been learnt while spending time in the valleys and fields, on the hills and at the beach, where I have beheld much beauty. I don’t know how long God wants me here for, but I am ready to see what the next year will bring.

Here are a few pictures showing some of the highlights of my first year in Wales. Enjoy!


My first Welsh home,Betws Ammanford 


Trip to Dryslwyn 

Making Bread


Growing Bell Peppers

 
 



Sophie's visit 

Girl's night in Ammanford






Sabbath at Pontargothi and Julina's visit




My second Welsh home, Llangammarch Wells
Girls night in Carmarthen

Snow day in Llangammarch Wells
Learning to grow
Horse riding at the Brecon Beacon

Sabbaths with Seth


SEC Campmeeting and Benita and Grace's visit.



Llansteffan beach and Samba's visit

It's been a good year! I'm more than thankful....

Love, your girl forever, 

♥ Miss Daisy 

No comments:

Post a Comment