Friday 6 December 2013

Danny Boy

17 years ago the world welcomed my twin brother Danny (His name is Daniel but I've only ever call him Danny), though born 7 years apart we are pretty identical and look like twins therefore (in my mind anyway) we’re twins!

Christmas 2011
Danny is an incredibly unique and talented young man and I am so happy that he is my little brother. He is very loving and kind to me, even when I am being “the mean big sister” he has never really ever been disrespectful to me. It feels so strange that he is all grown up now, I remember looking after him, feeding him, changing him etc. I remember when he was a toddler I used to wake him up in the middle of the night so he could sleep with me in my bed when I felt scared.

I’ll never forget the day I was sitting down on the garden step, I had Danny on my lap, as I was trying to feed him some juice. Every time I went to feed him he would move his head away, so I decided it was time to force feed him that juice. I held him tightly and proceeded to feed him but he continued to move his head, the more he moved his head the tighter I held him; he began to shout “Daisy! Daisy!” as I continued to make him drink. My mum turned and said “Daisy, he is saying your name!” “Really?” I thought. I wanted to hear this so I tried to force feed him again and he shouted “Daisy! Daisy!” in order to make me stop; that was the day Danny said his first word.

Danny, my special little brother, I pray that as you continue to grow in years that you will become more responsible and make the right decisions concerning your life, I pray that you will always choose to do the right thing even if it means you standing out amongst the crowd. I pray that you will grow to be the man God wants you to be.

Happy Birthday Danny

Love, your big sister (and twin) forever,

Miss Daisy

Wales 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment