Thursday 27 February 2014

A Friend Indeed

Our story began on the Newham Leisure Centre Bridge – I didn’t realise then what a great impact Anike would have on my life. I attribute a lot of my educational achievement, standards and spiritual growth to this friend. Halfway through secondary school, Anike and I both dedicated our lives to Christ through afterschool bible studies at her grandmother’s house. The bible was so fresh and new to us and we often spent most of our time reading and sharing scripture with each other.


Anike
When secondary school came to an end college, work and other commitments put some distance between us, we hardly saw each other or spoke on the phone. However in retrospect I’ve realised that even during that time of “distance” Anike was still there. She was in the front row at my baptism, she did a special prayer for me at my 18th birthday celebration and visited me a number of times during university. Time and distance may have tried to interfere with our friendship however God made sure to sustain it. It’s such a blessing to have a friendship that is solely based on God and I believe that God has truly blessed, as we are even closer now in adulthood.

Anike's first visit to my university 2007/2008
Anike, you have been a friend amongst friends and much more! You have been my big sister, my wise counsellor, my prayer partner, my listening ear, my voice of reason, my shoulder to cry on, my chef (girl, I’ve always loved your cooking) , my reality checker, my relationship advisor, my challenger, my motivator…my love.

Anike 2010
During these 25 years you have been an inspiration and a loving heart to many. You have imparted wisdom and been an encouragement to those closest to you. You have been committed to God and have used your gifts and talents to glorify Him. They say, show me your friend and I’ll show you who you are - If I am anything like this friend of mine, I owe it all to God for allowing our paths to meet. 
Happy Birthday Anike, may God continue to make your love and influence even more far reaching; you truly have been a friend…indeed! 

Anike and I - May 2008

Love, your girl forever,


♥ Miss Daisy 

No comments:

Post a Comment