Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Birthday Dad!


For most people today it is all about mothers but for me today is the day I praise God for the gift of life. To describe me as a bit of a daddy’s girl is a total understatement! At home as a young child I would stick to my dad like glue and follow him around everywhere, the only refuge he found away from me was the odd toilet break and even then I was waiting for him outside the door.



Over the years, it has been a blessing to witness how well he models hard work, determination, helpfulness and self-sacrifice. I remember my dad telling me a story about a snow day we had in the UK in the early 90’s. He was walking in the snow, while holding me and began to feel himself slipping. He had a choice to make, either regain his balance by letting go of me or choosing to fall backwards. He fell backwards.

Thank you Dad for the many precious years I have lived under your protective care.

Thank you Heavenly Father for the gift and joy of his life and the strength you have given him to sustain and provide for our home.

Happy Birthday Dad!

Love, your daughter and friend forever,

♥  Miss Daisy ♥ 




No comments:

Post a Comment