Sunday 24 March 2013

Snow Day!

With spring at our doorsteps, I was surprised to wake up yesterday morning to see the whole land covered in snow. The country track that leads from our house to the main road was covered in a few inches of snow which meant that we were practically snowed in. My first thoughts were about us not being able to go to church or go out on the Sunday as planned,  then I began to worry about how long we would be snowed in for and whether I would be able to go to work on Monday.  I started to get upset and panic about the snow but God reminded me of this scripture in Job.

Job 37:5-7 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength. He sealeth up the hand of every man; that all men may know his work. 

It made me realise God allowed it to snow, he knew that we had our own plans for the weekend and that we wouldn't be able to go anywhere because of the snow. Maybe he had another plan for our weekend, maybe he just wanted us to stay at home,  relax and ponder on his word. I was comforted by this thought and decided to go for walk and actually enjoy the snow (and take pictures too!).









It’s been nice staying at home for the past two days. Also the farmer and his son offered to tow my car up to the top of the track, so I guess tomorrow it’s back to the real world for me……would it be weird if I wanted it to snow again?


Love, your girl forever,

♥ Miss Daisy 


Don't let the smile fool you, I was FREEZING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment