Wednesday 10 April 2013

Scattered Feathers Action Plan #1: I don’t have to tell people everything.

I have a habit of thinking that I need to tell people (friends, family etc) everything that goes on in my life (events, thoughts and feelings) but isn’t it worth keeping some things private? I am not implying here that I should keep secrets but rather be selective and simply keep certain things to myself. A bit much? Think about it. It is good to be an open person, but being someone that is constantly bearing their soul to others can be potentially dangerous as you may learn to rely too heavily on people, leaving you feeling totally defenceless when those people are not there, can’t help or disappoint. I believe keeping certain things to myself will guard me against this and will also strengthen my prayer life and relationship with God as I learn to bear all to him in prayer, making God my ultimate confidant.

♥ Miss Daisy 

No comments:

Post a Comment