Monday 15 April 2013

Scattered Feathers Action Plan #5: Exercise my right to say “it's none of your business”

In situations where I can sense someone is trying to get information out of me, it might be worth telling the person that the information that they are seeking for is actually “none of their business!” Sound harsh? The intention in doing this is not to be mean or spiteful but rather highlight the reality of the situation. Sometimes we need to be reminded that somethings are simply none of our business especially when our intention in knowing is to have our ears satisfied. Likewise for myself, if I am tempted to be nosy or to please my itchy ears I need to do the same and tell myself “Daisy, it’s none your business”. Regardless of who the person is don't feel under any pressure to disclose someone else's private information to them. In the nicest way possible exercise your right to say "it's none of your business"; or if you prefer to be a bit more diplomatic you could just say "What I know is private and confidential, so I'd rather not say anything".

♥ Miss Daisy ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment