Tuesday 16 April 2013

Scattered Feathers Action Plan #6: Give people the right to their own privacy and just be there

I am a strong believer of people having the right to their own privacy; just because someone is your friend doesn’t mean that they are obliged to tell you everything or know everything about you. More and more I see people evaluating friendships by the amount of secrets they share, but this shouldn’t be the case. I remember when my friend Benita said to me “Daisy, I’m not your friend because of your secrets” this statement is so true and it has really changed my perception on things. Benita and I are very close friends not because we tell each other all our secrets but because of our love for Christ and the fact that we share common interests. So if, for example, Benita* is going through a tough time or is in need, I don’t need to know the ins and outs of the situation in order to support her, I just need to be there. Whether she decides to bear all or not, it doesn’t matter, I just need to be a friend and be there.

♥ Miss Daisy ♥



* Thanks B for letting me use you as an example for this one xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment