Sunday 14 April 2013

Scattered Feathers Action Plan # 4: Confidential means confidential

A few months ago I was in a situation where I told my friend something and she discussed it with another friend of ours, under the assumption that I had also told the other friend. I didn’t tell that other friend and it turned out that my situation was actually common knowledge amongst the group. I love all my friends and love to share my life with them but I was very hurt by this because though we are all friends it was still a breach of privacy. However, I know that God allowed it to happen so that I could learn. I too have been in situations where I have mentioned something about another person to someone thinking that they already know (maybe because they are super close to them) and they didn’t. Also in cases where the person does know, I may have mentioned some information that they weren’t told and possibly weren’t meant to have known. So I’ve decided that if someone is telling me something, they are telling ME (not the group, not their closest friend or family member) just me. So I need to act like I am the only person in the world they have told and not assume anyone else knows; and if people do know I shouldn’t make it a topic of discussion especially when the person is not there. Everybody has a right to their own privacy, therefore confidential means CONFIDENTIAL.

♥ Miss Daisy ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment